Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Begin

You may begin. The daunting phrase the teacher says prior to your pen on paper. Heart racing, mind rapidly processing, senses heightened as the examination ensues. What if I don't know an answer? What if I don't finish in time? What if I have to get up to use the restroom? What if everyone finishes before me? What if I fail?

What if.

I may not be one hundred percent confident, but I am well equipped for this examination. I have a Father in Heaven who loves me. I have family and friends who encompass me in love and support. I have three precious children that make my heart beam with pride. I have a job I love. I have a passion for learning and growing. I have faith that could move mountains, and I have seen time and again that goodness always wins.

But WHAT IF this time is different. What IF I cannot keep my head above water? What if I spend more time crying than laughing? What if I cannot provide for my children? What if I loose sight of all that is good, and darkness consumes me? What if I am shackled and bound by orders of the court and I spend my life adhering to boundaries set my another?

What if.

Deep breath. Eyes up. One step at a time. You are loved. And against all odds, you've survived. Keep going. You may begin.


No comments:

Post a Comment